There are many ways in which the NHS can help and it may not always be easy identifying the best option for you. Below you can find more information on identifying the right place for your care.
There are many good sources of advice on the internet. Please consider the following sources of information below.
- NHS.uk is the UK’s biggest health website on which you can check symptoms, find local services, register as an organ donor or to give blood, and access a range of advice on healthy living. Click here to visit NHS UK.
- Patient.info offers access to a wide range of information on medicines, wellbeing and lifestyle, and a directory of services for patients and carers. Click here to visit Patient Info.
- The Little Orange Book is a booklet of expert advice on helping babies and young children when they are poorly. Click here to download The Little Orange Book.
- NHS self-care videos can be found on the NHS UK YouTube channel which can be accessed by clicking here.
NHS 111 can help if you have an urgent medical problem and you’re not sure what to do.
To get help from NHS 111, you can:
- Go to 111.nhs.uk (for people aged 5 and over only)
- Call 111
NHS 111 is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. For more information on NHS 111 please click here.
Northumberland Joint Musculoskeletal and Pain Service (JMAPS)
If you are experiencing musculoskeletal aches and pain or persistent pain, JMAPS can help you manage your condition. To find our more click here or call JMAPS on 03301 244 652
Accident & Emergency
No matter what time of day, if you or someone else experiences severe chest pain, symptoms of a stroke, loss of blood, or suspected broken bones, go to your nearest A&E department or call 999. To find your nearest A&E department click here.
Useful Telephone Numbers
- NHS 111: 111
- JMAPS Physio Self-referral: 03301 244 652
- Citizens Advice – Cramlington: 08444 111 444
- Carers Northumberland: 01670 320025
- Age Concern: 01670 528220
- CRUSE (Bereavement Counselling): 0191 276 5533
- Relate (Marriage Counselling): 0300 100 1234
- Samaritans: 08457 90 90 90
- R.E.A.C.H (Rape Crisis Centre): 0191 221 9222
- Talking Matters Northumberland: 0300 303 0700
- Northumbria Healthcare Trust (Wansbeck, North Tyneside, Northumbria Specialist Emergency Care and Hexham Hospitals: 0344 811 8111